Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
· The Relation between Price and Performance in the Mutual Fund Industry (2009), Journal of Finance, joint with Javier Gil-Bazo. (pdf of working paper version)
Best Conference Paper Award at the Financial Management Association 2007 European Conference
· When Cheaper is Better: Fee Determination in the Market for Equity Mutual Funds, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization (2008), joint with Javier Gil-Bazo. (pdf of working paper version)
· The Performance of Socially Responsible Mutual Funds: The Role of Fees and Management Companies (2010), Journal of Business Ethics, with Javier Gil-Bazo and André A. P. Santos.
Honorable Mention Moskowitz Prize for Socially Responsible Investing, 2008.
· On the Relationship between Price and Quality in the U.S. Mutual Fund Industry: Evidence from the 1992-2003 Period (joint with Javier Gil-Bazo) in Performance of Mutual Funds: An International Perspective, Palgrave-MacMillan, 2006. Edited by Greg N. Gregoriou.
Corporate Governance and Executive Compensation
· Leverage, CEO Risk–Taking Incentives, and Bank Failure during the 2007-2010 Financial Crisis (2017), Review of Finance, (joint with Patricia Boyallian). (pdf)
· Board Reputation, CEO Pay, and Camouflaged Compensation (2016), joint with Ravi Singh. (pdf)
· Rewarding CEO decisions(coming soon), with Marco Celentani and Rosa Loveira.
· Managerial Power and Shareholder Intervention (coming soon)
· Corporate Governance When Managers Set Their Own Pay, European Financial Management (2008) (pdf of working paper version)
European Financial Management 2008 Best Paper Award
· The Economics of Union Organization: Efficiency, Information and Profitability, Labour Economics (2007) (pdf)
· Technical note to "The Economics of Union Organization: Efficiency, Information and Profitability" (pdf)
· Threat of Unionization and Nonunion Employment, Economics Letters (2007) (pdf)